The National Weather Service in Spokane, WA has issued a
* Flood Watch for
the Okanogan river near Tonasket
* from Thursday afternoon to Wednesday may 29.
* At 8:15 am Wednesday the stage was 13.9 feet.
* Minor flooding is possible.
* Flood stage is 15.00 feet.
* Forecast... flood stage may be reached by early Thursday afternoon.
Lat... Lon 4895 11945 4893 11932 4825 11951 4832 11968 4895 11945
* at 18.0 feet... major flooding of surrounding cropland is likely.
Some homes and buildings adjacent to the river will experience some
basement and first floor flooding.
* At 17.5 feet... water will be behind the levee due to seepage,
flooding the motocross track downstream of the city of Okanogan.
* At 17.0 feet... low lying fields and pasture land in the flood plain
along the Okanogan River Valley, from Oroville to Okanogan, will be
* At 15.0 feet... minor flooding of low-lying areas is likely between
Oroville and Tonasket.