Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 72 and it feels like 72. Highs will continue to range between 84 and 90 with lows between 68 and 70. There is a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms today, a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms tomorrow, a 50% chance of thundershowers on Wednesday, and a 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Thursday. Some storms could be strong to severe today through Thursday. Main threats will be for large hail, damaging winds, heavy rain, and flash flooding. An isolated tornado or two cannot be ruled out today. Dr. Greg Forbes, severe weather expert at The Weather Channel, is giving Northwest MS a 2-3 on TOR:CON (Tornado Condition Index) for today. This means that there is a 20-30% chance of seeing a tornado within a 50 mile radius. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Todays high is 86 and a low of 72 with a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms. Tuesdays high is 84 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms.
Now, for your severe weather update for the Southeast Region. Could see severe weather potential around June 20th-July 2nd.
Now, for your tropical update. In the Atlantic, a large area of cloudiness and thunderstorms extending from Eastern Honduras Northeastward over the Northwestern Caribbean Sea are associated with a tropical wave. Although, there are currently no signs of a surface circulation, some development of this system is possible over the Northwest Caribbean Sea before it moves inland over Belize and the Yucatan Peninsula later today. The National Hurricane Center is giving this system a medium chance, 30%, of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. Regardless of development, heavy rains and gusty winds are likely over portions of Honduras, the Bay Islands, Guatemala, Belize, and the Yucatan Peninsula during the next day or so. In the Eastern Pacific, no development is expected over the next couple of days.
Hope yall are having a great Monday and I'll have another post tomorrow morning.